Kybella® - Injectable Treatment
What is Kybella®?
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.
Many patients saw improved smoothness of their chin in 2-4 treatments!
KYBELLA® MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- You’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness
- You feel the condition makes you look older or heavier
- You don’t want to have surgery
- You eat well and exercise, but submental fullness doesn’t go away
How Kybella works
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
Visible Results in 2–4 Treatments
KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable treatment that destroys fat cells in the treatment area under the chin to improve your profile and reduce the look of double chin.
Summers Aesthetics in Louisville is proud to offer this ground-breaking treatment!
APPROVED USE & IMPORTANT SAFETY INFO
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”
It is not known if KYBELLA® is safe and effective for the treatment of fat outside of the submental area or in children under 18 years of age.
Do not receive KYBELLA® if you have an infection in the treatment area.
…including if you have had or plan to have surgery on your face, neck, or chin; have had cosmetic treatments on your face, neck, or chin; have had or have medical conditions in or near the neck area; have had or have trouble swallowing; have bleeding problems; are pregnant or plan to become pregnant (it is not known if KYBELLA® will harm your unborn baby); are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed (it is not known if KYBELLA® passes into your breast milk).
ncluding prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Especially tell your healthcare provider if you take a medicine that prevents the clotting of your blood (antiplatelet or anticoagulant medicine).
KYBELLA® can cause serious side effects, including:
- Nerve injury in the jaw (which can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness)
- Trouble swallowing
- Injection site problems, including a collection of blood under the skin (hematoma) or bruising, damage to an artery or vein if KYBELLA® is inadvertently injected into it, hair loss, open sores (ulcers), damage and tissue cell-death (necrosis) around the injection site, infection. Call your healthcare provider if you begin to develop weakness in the muscles of your face or your smile becomes uneven; have difficulty swallowing, or if any of the symptoms that you already have get worse; develop redness, pain, open sores, or drainage at or from the treatment area
The most common side effects of KYBELLA® include swelling, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
These are not all of the possible side effects of KYBELLA®. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.FDA.gov/safety/MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.